Find a Wheat Recipe.
Harvest Spelt Bread
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages 1/4 oz.each of dry active yeast
1 cup warm low-fat milk
2 tablespoons melted canola margarine
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 whole egg beaten
3 cups whole grain Wheat Montana Spelt Flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1 lb. can pumpkin
3 cups Wheat Montana Natural White flour
1) Place water in a 1-quart bowl, sprinkle with yeast. Stir once or twice and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2) Combine milk, margarine, maple syrup, and beaten eggs in a
2-quart bowl. Set aside.
3) Combine whole-grain spelt flour,spices, and salt in a
3-quart bowl. Stir in yeast mixture, milk mixture, and pumpkin, mix thoroughly. Add the white flour slowly until dough is formed.
4) Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is slightly elastic. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in warm area for 1-2 hours or until double in size.
5) Punch down the dough and divide in half. Shape each into a loaf and cover. Let loaves rise in warm place again for 1-2 hours or until double in size.
6) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., coat 17 x 11 inch baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place loaves on sheet spaced about 3 inches apart. Bake 45 minutes or until loaves sound "hollow" when tapped. Cool loaves 10 minutes and transfer to wire rack until completely cool.